Important information

■ Make sure carbon monoxide detectors are fitted as required.
■ Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning (they may mimic food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness).
■ Your landlord should provide an annual Gas Safety Record (Gas Safety Certificate) for all appliances.
■ Ensure your landlord uses a Gas Safe Registered engineer to do any gas work in your home.
■ If in doubt, or for further advice, contact:

– University Accommodation Office

– Health and Safety Executive (

– HSE Gas Safety Advice Line 0800 300 363