IN-HOUSE COMPLAINTS POLICY AND PROCEDURE
We are committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below (if you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).
What will happen next?
• We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
• We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by the office manager who will review your file. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
• If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate professional review to take place in order to resolve the complaint by mediation with a third party externally by either our Company Solicitor, or our Indemnity Insurance company ‘Hamilton Fraser’. Or part of one of our Approved memberships scheme such as PRS (Property Redress Scheme) Rent Smart Wales or Pims.
• We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.
• If you are still not satisfied after the last stage of the in-house complaint procedure (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) you can request an independent review from The Property Ombudsman without charge.
You can contact the Ombudsman by:
Phone: 0845 601 0987
The website: www.ombudsman-wales.org.uk
Writing to: Public Services Ombudsman for Wales 1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae Pencoed CF35 5LJ 10.
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaint’s procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.